Monday, 14 September 2020
Sunday, 2 August 2020
In 1975 David Stevens, latterly of the Musquodoboit Railway Museum made a 8 mm film apparently from the caboose of the train riding from Dartmouth to Upper Musquodoboit and back to Musquodoboit Harbour. A DVD is available at the Halifax Public Library.
Thursday, 25 June 2020
Thursday, 7 May 2020
Thought you might be interested in the number of Trail Users passing by the counter on the Salt Marsh Trail this past weekend.
Friday – trails opened as of 3pm Total 20 Pedestrians 9 Cyclists 11
Saturday - Total 236 Pedestrians 169 Cyclists 67
Sunday – weather was great Total 1,332 Pedestrians 887 Cyclists 445
Remember, if you pass by the counter as a group, you are only counted once so the numbers above may be low.
During my 3 hours on the SMT, I observed extremely good social distancing. I received many comments on how great it was to be back on the trails. Many happy faces seen.
Victor G. Henrikson
Chief Trail Warden & Board Member
and Buildings Manager
Cole Harbour Parks & Trails Association
Monday, 4 May 2020
- All parking lots are OPEN but physical distancing must be respected. People wishing to use the Cole Harbour Heritage Park or any of the trails are encouraged to walk or bike to them
- Cole Harbour Heritage Park including all trails managed and maintained by CHPTA are OPEN
- Shearwater Flyer Trail managed and maintained by CHPTA - OPEN
- Salt Marsh Trail managed and maintained by CHPTA - OPEN
- Bissett Trail - monitored by CHPTA and maintained by HRM - OPEN
- Forest Hills Trail - monitored by CHPTA and maintained by HRM - OPEN